Welcome!

I've been watching GH since right before Luke and Laura got married - the first time. I was 8 years old, and have been a fan ever since. There have been gaps in my viewing, sometimes for years. You know how life can get in the way. But since the invention of TiVo, I'm back to my daily addiction. Although there have been many times I have been frustrated as far as storylines and characters, I can honestly say I love this show! This blog is a way for me to express that love and frustration. Enjoy!
One last thing, please feel free to leave comments on my entries, but I have to ask that you keep your language clean! And don't bag on each other. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

My Blog List

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First Entry - Welcome!

Hello! And welcome to my blog!  I'm really excited.  Here you will find weekly recaps of all the happenings going on at General Hospital. Please feel free to read and discuss anything I've written in the Guest Book below.  I'd love to get your feedback - even if you don't agree.  Hey, that's what a blog is about right? Spreading your opinion. If you haven't been viewing regularly, I'll use this first entry to get you caught up - somewhat. You may notice in future posts that I don't spread the love around evenly.  I can't help it, there are just some characters I like more than others.  What can I say? I'm human.

Sonny's daughter, Kristina is really having a hard time lately.  What with the abuse at the hands of her boyfriend, Kiefer, her father's neglect and angry outbursts and her brother/best friend Micheal in prison.  Unfortunately she's about to make things worse by getting involved with Johnny.  This apple doesn't fall from the tree; Kristina likes to play with fire.

The Micheal story line --LOVE CHAD DUELL --has me in knots.  I'm not sure what Carter (his fellow inmate) actually did to him.  So far, Michael's not saying.  But there sure is a lot of heavy hinting around a possible prison rape.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  On one hand, I get the realism this storyline would bring and I do like that they are not romanticizing prison.  However, it's a potentially ugly story and I just hope they don't gloss over it.

I'm crazy about Lula and Dante.  I like the actors together, and think they have great chemistry.  They seem to genuinely like each other on screen and off.  I also like Brook Lynn, but I'm not too crazy about the her current storyline.  I hope she gets more involved with the Quartermaines.  The scene last week with Brook Lynn and Edward was good. 

I've been a HUGE Jonathan Jackson fan from the beginning so needless to say I'm thrilled the original Lucky is back.  And this is no slam on Greg Vaughn.  He was great, but to me, the REAL Lucky has come home.  The scenes after Lucky found out that Elizabeth was having an affair with his brother, Nicholas were amazing! No other "Lucky" could have pulled them off.

Johnny and Olivia? Meh.  I like them each individually, but I'm not crazy about the pairing.  And the bloom is off the Spixie rose too.  I wouldn't mind a Maxie/Johnny pairing though.  That could be fun.

I love my Scrubs (Robin and Patrick), but why so much angst?  I know in Soap Opera Land no couple is safe, but GH has broken so many storyline barriers, couldn't they, just this one time, break this one too?  Is it so wrong to have a happy couple on a soap? Note: You won't find a lot of talk on here about Lisa.  I don't like the storyline or the character and you know what our mothers used to say about not having anything nice to say...And the same goes for Mya.  I'm trying to reserve judgement here, but so far I'm not impressed with what they've done with this character.

So that's a little bit of background.  As I said, feel free to leave your comments in the Guest Book.  I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I will enjoy writing it and come back often.

~ Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment